Tuesday 27 August 2013

newsted's heavy metal music

Jason Hewsted's (Metallica's ex bass player) has a new album. Subtley titled 'Heavy Metal Music' it delivers a fist full of chugging stoner rock riffs.
Jason's recent tour of the album had a somewhat shortened life due to him becoming ill mid way with Canada being the unlucky cancellation. Fortunately he had the good sense to seek some professional advice before it got nasty. And judging by this note he posted in July it very nearly could have.

"Hey friends...I'd been feeling a bit under the weather while performing the most recent Gigantour shows so I went to the Dr. on my day off today & I was diagnosed with walking pneumonia!!! So under doctor's orders, I'm taking a week to rebuild...my apologies to our Canadian brothers & sisters in regions where we will not be appearing this week. I'm gonna work on keeping me alive.."

The new album release will have cheered him considerably, #1 Amazon, #3 Itunes & top 40 in charts worldwide. Judge for yourself, here's the official video of "Above All". With of course the ever present YouTube ad, which you all know how to get rid.
If you want lots more from the man's video collection go to his YouTube Channel here.